Friday, November 6, 2009

Accidental Soapbox

The rain is rather beautiful today. Sigh… I have had some things on my mind lately. Sometimes a gentle rain helps. I have this long list of mundane things to do today, but I have had some problems concentrating. Someone ticked me off last night, and I cannot seem to get over how quickly I let him offend me. Normally, I am so good at staying calm.

I was sitting at Sam’s (a local diner) in the wee hours of the morning, and some man type person with no ability to flirt with intelligent women sat down next to me. The next thing I knew, I am actually making an effort to verbally put him in his place. It takes a lot (pardon the understatement) to offend me enough for it to show. It were as though he though being a superficial and degrading bastard might charm me. What self-respecting woman would ever put up with that?

It did make me miss my Mr. Cuddlebunny a little more. I know and trust that sometimes he has to go romp and play in the field with the other wild cuddlebunnies, but if this thing with bastards flirting with me becomes a trend, I fear I may have to adopt a new name of Penelope… or start a new writing project about a woman named Penelope. Huh, that might actually be a little fun.

Well, until my Mr. Cuddlebunny of twists and turns or my personality crush of Mr. Johnny Depp feels like stopping my way and saving me from my lonely existence, I suggest that only people with actual charms try humoring me with flirting. Of course, right about now they are the only two who can lay claim to my subconscious romantic desires (or even the conscious ones for that matter). Please keep failure in mind if something about me drives you with an irrational need to vie for my flirtatious attention. I will try my best to be gentle, but if you insult me into shooting your intentions down in flames, I cannot be held responsible for the condition of your broken heart.

“If you can’t stand the heat, then wait for the chicken nuggets to cool off, goddamnit.”

Oh, and don’t even let me start about the Egyptian named Pierre!

No comments:

Post a Comment