Friday, January 22, 2010

Eurydice's Lover Looked Behind Him, and She was Sucked Back into the Underworld.

That Orpheus and Eurydice story... People should trust that kind of love. I do. Besides, why would he ever think she would want to stay in the Underworld, anyway? Speaking of Orpheus, what was it Shakespeare once wrote?

"Say that upon the altar of her beauty
You sacrifice your tears, your sighs, your heart.
Write till your ink be dry, and with your tears
Moist it again, and frame some feeling line
That may discover such integrity:
For Orpheus' lute was strung with poets' sinews,
Whose golden touch could soften steel and stones,
Make tigers tame and huge leviathans
forsake unsounded deeps to dance on sands."
- The Two Gentlemen of Verona, Act 3, Sc. 2

Hmmmm... along those same lines, one of my favorite (translated) quotes from Mozart has always been... "Love, love, love: That is the soul of genius."

While walking down the path of using the internet to look up quotes I can only vaguely remember (After all, supporting the internet is supporting local industry here in the Bay Area.) in order to find their exact wording, what was it Nietzsche once said?

"I tell you: One must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." What a wonderful commentary on our world if applied out of context and placed in the midst of a contemporary blog! Then again, a dancing star these days might be capable of other even more beautiful things if people would bother to tell the truth about her and to start some sort of truth-telling, benevolent cycle of their own.

I know a few blog posts back, I made sure that I linked in an accurate resource for the symptoms of schizophrenia. I wanted to make sure that everyone solidly understood that any and all of the multiple personality related symptoms are actually parts of diseases that are NOT schizophrenia. I was diagnosed in the summer of 2002. Again, I am so sorry that so many things got past me right after they landed on me, but they did make them look just like my symptoms.

Looking at the quotes above, my loudest and most enduring delusion of grandeur stirs up in my heart. No, not that Mr. Johnny Depp is the love of my life; although, you should trust Koko the Gorilla when she makes these decisions. (Are my blog posts becoming too self-referential?) No, no, no,... my loudest delusion of grandeur right now is that all art ever created from the first carving of the story of the Epic of Gilgamesh into the walls of Uruk up through everything manifesting right now by any form of expression actively forcing its way out of any human mind in order to exist at last in the world, have been and currently are about me. Why cannot I continue to think they are in the future?

Human expression is such a beautiful thing. There is no reason to stomp all over it. Poetry, music, literature, painting, film,... all humans need the freedom to express themselves however appropriately in order to better our world; even if, sometimes, it is only to make it appear more beautiful. If you woke up one morning and realized cameras were illegally inserted into your eyes, what would you use them for?... especially if you had no idea where their signal was being sent? If you woke up one morning and realized you were the only person left in this country with freedom of speech, what would you say? If you woke up one morning and still could not figure out all of the reasons why your own country whom you have loved all of your life was still using the public to attack you on the government's behalf, what would you do to stop it from continuing its cycle of ruin?

I have fallen into the habit of referring to starting benevolent cycles on purpose as "rolling snowballs down the mountain in the dark." You might never know where that snowball will end, if ever. Maybe the love of your life will become the highest paid actor in Hollywood; although, you have never spoken to him. Maybe your city will learn to defend itself without your directly doing the socially-responsible acts of pointing out the poisoned water supply, standing in front of the oncoming tank of intentionally propagated and highly dangerous lies, or pointing out all of the logical flaws in the morally-corruptly implemented supposedly diplomatic policies that intend to tear our country apart and possibly even end our world. Maybe even, you will force the truth to finally reach the public... all of it... all of the truth of how this started, how it went so far, how it continued for so long, how much we need this to stop (Stop signs are bright red, so we notice them.), and how the conspirators chose the wrong woman for it to land upon.

While I was sitting here, sipping my espresso, composing ASCII codes that scream with truth, waiting to see which people the government conned into attacking or misleading me this time as a government patsy who (by definition) is placed in said position in order to take the fall instead of the government itself, and actively doing my best to keep the (literal and metaphorical) peace, some force within my computer took away the proper functioning of my USB drives. Imagine that. Yey! that I have a library card!

But why would some force in my computer (which was so clearly not born within it, just borne there) want to impede my ability to speak my mind? Was it because I was standing for others' freedoms of speech and about to verge upon another similarly logically sound defense of the freedom of the press? Was it because of how scared they are of how right I am when speaking obvious opinions along side established truths? Or was it merely that I have not yet spelled out truths that they know I have already figured out? If they did not leave me as the only citizen with her freedom of speech intact, I would not feel the need to exercise it so often... Even if I openly admit that I must do all of this in a vacuum.

We all know that the only way to stop me is if the powers that be stop creating, propagating, and ignoring the things I am left to fight. That begins with removing the equipment put in my body against my will by finally allowing the medical community to acknowledge it. It continues through reinstating my basic and Constitutional rights, particularly my right to privacy. And it ends when all of the truth already alluded to is told to the public in order to prevent this from ever happening again. Global Climate Change is upon us. Someone needs to get humanity through this. The powers that be are not yet allowing me to even hear accurate news about it... least of all do anything active to help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment