Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Travel

Last night after my rushed composition of my first ever book review to be self-published online, I managed to make it back to my home neighborhood of North Beach in time to take a quick nap before catching the very tail end of the memorial service for the late, great Mr. George Tsongas.  Do you remember my previous post about how the Elantra I rented with which I drove to Yosemite could "hug curves like an eighty-year-old letch?"  Well, this is my second reference in this blog to Mr. George Tsongas.  I know, no matter how I referenced him or ever reference him, he would be proud.  This post is for you and our memories of you, George.  Yey! that I met you all of those years ago.  I was even at your eightieth birthday party.  Some of your poetry, George, has too many cusswords and bodily fluids mentioned for children... not that children were ever the demographic you aimed to enlighten.

In honor of George, I think this post will have to be about travel.  Yesterday just after I found the book on Giant Squid on the reference shelf and just before I bookmarked passages at random in it, I sat down at a table and next to a copy of a world atlas.  Randomly choosing a page, found myself in the geographical and cultural details of Jamaica.  More pertinently to this current blog post, inside the front flap of the dust jacket, I found this quote.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

Hmmm... My first instict on where to go with the quote was to urge fellow curiosity driven peoples to visit still-standing evidence of parts of U.S. history that much of the country does not like to acknowledge, if it knew about it at all.  My choice for place-of-historical-evidence-for-the-day would have been, of course, Angel Island.  No, not just for the sweeping views of the Bay Area that you recieve when you hike to the top of the island, views that on foggy days make you believe you are standing in a snowglobe (literally, not just due to the lack of reality in here as of late).  But also because the buildings for the Japanese internment camps are there. 

Oh?  Huh?  You didn't know that the U.S. government created internment camps for legal American citizens of Japanese descent during WWII?  There is even a decomissioned Nike Missile site there... if I capitalized that properly.  Sometimes, people have to go look for themselves at things to know what "peculiar" policies our government had or, on occasion, still has concerning REAL, legal citizens in this country.

Speaking of which, I plan to move to Washington, DC in the middle of next month.  Last night, a petite man with poor Spanish grammar annoyed me to point that I actually raised my voice when speaking with him.  Being completely objectified by strangers deeply annoys and offends me.  It always has.  That weak excuse for a conversation drove me to think some things through with the only friendly and only intelligent voice in my head, the voice I pump myself through the typically government run speakers in my ears normally just to give myself some thinking space.  (Don't ask me how I fenaggled my computer-housed neural net to do that; I will never confide.  And, I know that the government lies to all y'all about what my neural net and I say to each other quite often.) I concluded that I should force this over as soon as possible.  I am moving to Washington, DC as soon as I can arrange it.

There are many reasons I should take a three month, temporary hiatus from San Francisco to the city that houses the center of our federal government.  The most pressing is that they will no longer have an excuse for claiming I am not real.  They will have to look at me, the dedicated broadcasts they send me, the lack of news in any publications I may come across, my local friends and family, and my irrefutably signature skills and abilities every damn day and night until they end this horror of an experience I have been forced to live through.  I must admit, as well, that it would be damn fun to take a walking tour of major government buildings like the White House or the J. Edgar Hoover building or even the Capitol Building... we all know that I know how to find a security camera (even if I do not know how to remove it, why it is there, nor where its signal may be going), that I notice and remember more details than the govnerment is comfortable with, and that I only rarely, if ever, forget a face.  And think of all of those foreign dignitaries who get to know I am just a real woman upon which our government enjoys defacating.

My master plan for this move includes asking family and friends from and in the area for advice, then researching airfares early next month for travel roughly from February 15th to May 15th, and then returning to the Bay Area safely after tax season and before the tourist season begins again in the summer.  Who knows, mayhaps the federal government will have manifested the civility to allow me job before I return.  We shall all see together. Please understand that the following few paragraphs are not meant to be maliciously worded towards my home of San Francisco.

If I move, the benefits to San Francisco that I see include but are not limited to San Francisco's ability to actually receive world news for once.  I am sure my home will enjoy that.  Similarly, I am sure the local businesses in the DC area will enjoy a boost in profits, especially in whatever neighborhood I might land... not to mention whatever music, art, dance, etc... may land there with me.

I have known since June when the horrors that followed me from the hospital in Minnesota to the town of Ankney in which I attended high school decades ago and then here to the city that should have known better, whatever place I live in will see all hell break loose and run rampant in the streets from the time I arrive until the day the locals realize they are doing these things to themselves.  The federal government, if it insists on its current policies of reaking havoc and terror on the citizens of our country, is about to see all of it break forth in its own backyard. 

Let's all hope the residents of the DC era enjoy the stupid yet expensive distractions propagated by the (same subset of the) US executive branch in an effort to get away with all of their true goals of horror just as much as the past few cities I have lived in and near have seemed to have fallen for them as sparkly distractions.  Then again, the government could just admit culpability and end it.  I am not holding my breath that they have that much responsibilty towards our country nor the citizens of this country's well-being.  Why would they do something legal and responsible if they could just keep convincing people to pay them for suspending all of my human rights (except for my freedom of speech) and continue to prevent me from ever seeing any of what they have done to me other than the things I can see in true evidence on my own body? 

I cannot be personally offended enough to kill myself until I know about where the signals from the cameras and bugs have gone and what they have done with that signal... so why do they keep hiding it all from me?  Why do they keep giving me different lies in here than you all get out there?  Why do they keep hiding their public falsehoods regarding me directly from me?  Why is it that I cannot get news concerning recent events?  Why are my friends intentionally instructed not to act like themselves around me? We all know the government's only planned exit strategy for this was my death.  The only option they have now is telling the truth.

I have never been after San Francisco for doing this to itself.  I have long had faith you will redeem yourselves.  Again, this is posted without much proofreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment