Saturday, November 20, 2010

On my mind and in the news....

I now have eight hours a day to spend off of the ward. When they started letting me out of the hell they call a hospital on a daily basis, I had to go get a watch. Now, for the first time in decades, I wear a wrist watch. It has always felt odd having time shackle my left wrist, but that is exactly how I feel. I am enslaved by time, right now. I will not be free of the UK for two to four more weeks, and in the mean time I am still stuck here tethered to the hell they call a hospital with an eight-hour chain.

And when I go back to the States, what am I supposed to expect? Is it just more of the same? I think it will be worse. This time I will again have no rights but this time also no freedoms due to being under my overbearing father’s thumb? My father, Thomas Raymond Varilek of Ankeny, IA, joined the legions of people oppressing me last year in May.

Don’t be like my father. Don’t do what they want. Don’t be cruel to me and stomp on my well-being just because I am there. Iowa was horrifying the last time I was there. I hope they will no longer be pawns of the US government this time. I hope Iowa will stand up for itself, break the bubble, and refuse to comply with the Federal horror controls. They take away all of your rights, too, you know. Absolutely NEVER let anyone put a chip in your head.

From the news…

Putin to the rescue.

In at time of international crisis, at least we have Russia… and they brought twelve other nations as friends. Let’s hope some good work comes from this. Our planet is in peril, and we need action. We can save this world, but we need to bother to do something. There is no longer any place for complacency.

Do schools still teach civics and geography?

At a time when public education is getting cut all over the place, it is an important question to ask. Then again, why a school system should be forced to cut any part of the curriculum to save money is beyond me. Art, music, and drama are just as important as math and science to a full education. Literature and social studies are so vital to our schools. They are what make us human.

The Catholics are making progress.

Sex abuse by clergy is finally being addresses by the Church itself. It is important to address problems and not ignore them. The Pope has really taken healing his flocks seriously concerning child abuse, and he is the first pope to openly deal with this issue. Let us hope it helps the children heal knowing that the abuse is being stopped from within the Church itself.

What was the last thing Obama did…

…that did not make things worse? What is this expenditure of lives supposed to accomplish? The role of the military is to protect and DEFEND the United States of America at all costs. It is NOT to aggravate more volatile nations and militant extremists.

Ballerina Maya Plisetskaya turns 85.

You have made an art out of being strong when you are delicate, pretty lady. Keep shining.


Intellectual Property Protection

It protects our ideas. Imagine you were writing a book, but every time you wrote a paragraph, it was common knowledge due to an illegal broadcast of everything you do at your computer. Would there be any way you could sell your book? Would there be any reward of publication for all of your hard work? Intellectual property needs to be protected. Without it, art ends.

1 comment:

  1. What happened from the time I met you in Cafe Trieste to being in a mental institution in London?

    ReplyDelete