Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Day to Day and a Lot of News

I had the joy of watching live tennis exhibitions on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. It made me crave Swiss chocolates and the Spanish sun, and the pong of the tennis ball put me in my happy place. Healing takes so many different forms.

I ran most of my errands-- all of them, in fact, except for seeing my chiropractor-- in time for my mom's birthday yesterday. We had a nice dinner last night to celebrate her 64th (pronounced sexty-fourth) year in this world, and dad bought her an ice cream cake. With everything that goes on in this world, it was nice to have some quiet family time.

In order to fight off the condition my poor beat up body has been left in due to the chemicals forced on me in the UK, I went to the gym at the local YMCA Monday and Tuesday this week and did ballet bar work here in the house yesterday morning. I forgot how easy it is to build up muscle when full of testosterone. While the stick runs its course, this exercising thing will be so much more effective!

I have had a lot of sister bonding time over the last few days. I am really going to miss those two when they go home. At least we're all in the same country, now, so seeing each other will be so much easier. It has been a very long time since I laughed this much.

The people here in Iowa have proved to be very warm and friendly. It has been so long since people have openly treated me well, and their behaviors towards me are very welcome indeed. They treat me with the respect any human is due. It is about damn time.


In the news...

The Ivory Coast is a mess. There is so much in this world I wish I had the freedoms to help fix. They need a diplomatic intervention.

Something lit a fire under Obama. For once he is bothering to be more than toad slime. I wonder if he is trying to win (someone like) me over to thinking of him as a president instead of a waste of human skin. If that is his goal, he has a hell of a lot of work ahead of him. It starts with him ending his continued oppression of my surroundings and his open persecution of me, my person, my mind, and my body.

A company in Spain is investing time and energy in Iowan wind farming. This is a very good thing for our world. Iowa and I have differing opinions of biofuel; I do not think food should be used to move cars around. But, I love Iowa's wind farms. Renewable energy is a big and important part of humanity's future.

The US has been aggravating the military state of North Korea by having massive drills with South Korea only 15 miles from the shared Korean border. What does the US government think it is trying to accomplish? North Korea definitely seems unhappy and threatened by the armed forces to its south preening like peacocks. And according to at least one of the articles below, the US is "unimpressed" with the verbal threat that North Korea has made. So, in effect, the US government is doing nothing but warmongering. They are trying to provoke North Korea into attacking first, so South Korea can say it is only defending itself. These are real people, real countries, and real homes, but these are play things to the US government.

Peace, freedom, and empowerment takes whatever form it needs in a crisis. The world needs heroes.

Haiti is a mess. They need someone to take charge there to force the rebuilding to begin and be completed in a timely and organized manner. They survived hurricane season this year in tent cities, but for how many years will they have to? Was this not supposed to be fixed by now? Oh, wait, that was something Obama was led the way on... Let's hope a real leader who actually cares about the people of Haiti gets this taken care of.

The president of Iran listens. Iran is mentally prepared for the world once we are past nuclear technology. Is anyone else? Israel clearly is not.

In fact, I have been worried about Israel lately. For one, they are led by Netanyahu... He is the monster who was chief of the UN Security Council when the clearly international "Code of Silence" was slapped on me. Secondly, the state of Israel has been irrational and aggressive recently. Gaza is a mess and is full of more human rights violations than my life since early 2009. I worry that all of this is permitted by the Israeli people due to chips in their heads. There is some sort of mass social control going on there that is allowing Netanyahu to run rampant with no accountability.

A dictator got his due. This is what justice looks like. We shall see this soon with a number of other countries in the coming two years. Our world is a mess due to dictatorial leaders of supposed democracies questing ignobly for personal power and cruel glory. This is just the beginning.

I am an a(e)theist, but even I need a Christmas miracle this year. I need this over. May the right time for the universe to approve happen as soon as possible. And may all of your Christmas miracles come true as well...! No matter what your religion may be, may all of your beautiful dreams and wishes come true. Happy Holidays, beautiful world... and may the universe bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment