Monday, December 20, 2010

It's Almost Christmas.

Well, it looks like I was wrong. There is no longer a Blues on Grand. So, when I finally had a ride to drop me off somewhere, I went to the House of Bricks just east of the river in Des Moines and caught a metal show. I need to get out more often.

My sisters arrived in town a day earlier than planned. We have had much sister bonding time since. Luckily, this year we have had much laughing.

I am still trying to locate all of my belongings that I had in my room in San Francisco. They are all in the basement somewhere in boxes. I could really use my purple dipping pen, and I promised my Moetai tiki idol to someone long ago.

My Christmas is shopping finished, at least. I just need to get to the post office. Oh well, gifts will be late this year. I do not think anyone will mind.

This week I hope to see the chiropractor, get a haircut, and procure new glasses. It's also my mom's birthday on Wednesday. I should be able to see a dear, old friend Tuesday night, but that depends on how her winter health is. There is a bug going around. I also think I might take up yoga.

In the news...

Korea
Korea, plese stay calm and rational. Yes, always defend yourself when attacked... but never attack first. There is no active attacking going on right now, so there is no need to call up arms to defend yourself. There is another solution.  Just try.  Do not let the US government gode you into war.

Ivory Coast
The part that resonates most with me is the part that reports on the media. The state televison is controled by the dictator, so the public is still largely unaware. That went on and still goes on here in the US concerning me and is a reason I hate the British media so much. They forgot about telling the truth somehow.

Iraq
At times of political stalemate, there is always another solution... The Ivory Coast did not get the message, but Iraq did.

European Weather
I do not control the weather. I did not leave a trail of snow in my wake to blanket the UK once I made it free of them. The weather and I just have an understanding. That is, I understand the weather. Do you all remember the water cycle?

Well, there is now more water in it than there used to be. This means not only are the ocean levels going to be higher, but there will also be more precipitation, more clouds, and just plain more water in the world. This is Global Climate Change.

Lunar Eclipse
It's on my mom's birthday! Let's all go watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment