Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hello, Beautiful World, from Me in Iowa.

First and foremost, let me apologize, my beautiful world, for being quiet for so long. The Polk County District Court was not done with me when they gave adult guardianship over me to my abusive father. They also made sure I would be hospitalized the moment I stepped foot outside of the Des Moines International Airport. Yes, I admit that the UK did nothing but harm me and that I need to heal, but I could have used an explanation for being stuck in a hospital again. I am still neither a risk to harm others nor suicidal. Legally speaking, you must be at least one to be detained in a hospital. Well, I got myself out on Tuesday.

I have been stuck here in the house pretty much ever since. My parents have a case of mono-car. That means there is one car for three of us. This also means I am not allowed to take the car out to go do anything. There is nothing in walking distance and no public transportation. As a result, I am stuck in the house all day and night unless I can convince my mom to take me out to run errands after she gets home from work. I am ready to call a taxi to go to the local coffee shop tomorrow afternoon. I might actually do it.

My first day back here at THE HOUSE was the first occasion my dad had since I made it to Iowa to be verbally abusive towards me. My mom had taken me out to do my Christmas shopping, and I ran in THE HOUSE afterwards to immediately hide her and Dad's gifts. I was immediately and verbally violently berated by him for wearing shoes in the house. I did not yell back at him. I do not yell back. I have been going through hell since early 2009. You would think he could bother to have a little compassion.

THE HOUSE has a new kitchen, and that kitchen has already been the site of much of my cooking and dancing. Other changes of note include the new geothermal heating system in the basement and the new county sewage line being built through the back yard. My dad also now has three offices in the house. He has one on each floor; they are in the basement, the family room, and the guest room. Neither my mom nor I have even one. I have not been made welcome in THIS HOUSE.

Iowa as a whole has been friendly enough since I arrived, though. There is a huge exhibit on Leonardo Da Vinci at the Science Center of Iowa, and Blues on Grand is still up and running. Maybe I will have a chance to go out and see something once my sisters get here for the holidays. They will be bringing a car with them.

As a final note, I was wrong about the three-month testosterone stick that was inserted under my skin against my will in my sleep in the hospital in the UK. It is more of a one-year stick. I am almost to six months with it under my skin, and the symptoms have only worn off enough for it to be a one-year stick. My body is still too funny-shaped, still producing too much hair, and still storing fat in my belly instead of my normally more womanly hips.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds rough, but I'm glad you're out of the hospital. I hope 2011's a better year for you.

    ReplyDelete