Monday, February 8, 2010

Midnight!

Yup, I am starting this one smap dab on midnight. Yey, hmmmm...., I suppose any day could be a holiday, right? Then, YEY! The Ninth of February party shall begin!

The other night I had the pleasure of watching the SuperBowl XLIV and Woo-hoo! Go Nawlins! Thank you, Saints, for giving us all something to believe in for so long!

Well, here I am in the beloved Ciudad de México. I spent all weekend sleeping in and eating tasty (local or just made locally) foods. I even found an Argentine restaurant below a bookstore... sigh... books are so romantic. Eck! Sorry, there. My inner nerd was showing. I have found that actually not having to spend so much time actively not dying has freed up my mind for some far more artistic things.

I think I might take up writing beautiful fictions, again. After some sort of techno-invader disabled my word-spinning habit leaving me to construct text at public computers in the San Francisco Public Library system not so long ago, people all over my neighborhood started asking why I was not writing any more. Well, that is sort of difficult when a person has only one hour a day at a public computer, huh? But why people would not even show an interest in any of the writing (all of which they had never asked to see in the first place) until after my computer was incapacitated is beyond me. Anyway, now that I am not constantly stressed over looking for physical safety and food I can actually afford to eat, I might actual be able to return to creating artisticly syntaxed passages on variously catawumpus-wise knotted plotlines. I have been looking forward to that for quite some time. Honestly, back when I had to spend all of my time at a computer actively fighting to somehow obtain my basic human rights, again, how was I supposed to do anything else but fight?

I know I also want to go see the Ballet Folklórico this coming Wednesday night. After spending today making a few social calls, I was thinking about spending tomorrow or the next day at the Basílica de Guadalupe and Teotihuacan. I also DEFINITELY need to take the grand tour of the nerdier sights here in el Centro, and if I actually am able to acquire residence in a little cottage in costal village like my friends here recommended, I might be able to do a little shopping before I go... not that I would complain if I found an apartment in one of the cuter neighborhoods around here; the music in this city is amazing. But it really is up to the best option out of my friends' suggestions.

The other night, I had an odd moment with a gentleman at the front desk who caught me a bit off guard when he tried to flirt with me. I was quite flattered and answered in rather uncomfortable Spanish. From what I could tell, he took it to mean that I am some sort of fancy-clothes nun: always sweet, always pleasant, always helpful, never dressed like a nun, and clearly with a heart in the starry sky somewhere. Sadly, I find I might have to "leave my order" when the love of my life, the man upon which I have had a personality crush since childhood, might randomly wander by. I plan to write him fan mail, soon. Hee-hee! If I manage to get a permanent address somewhere around here guaranteeing my physical safety and the ability to finally sleep all night without raging hunger, I might even write some twirling, steamy, romantic snail-mail letters to him EVERYDAY. Oh, that dreamy Mr. Johnny Depp, you make me want to slowly dip a purple inkpen.

Looking back on the process I had for finding flights to get out of the country, standing there in the international terminal of SFO with a list of airline numbers in one hand and a payphone receiver in the other, I tried Quantas first. The lady was excedingly helpful when I told her that I wanted to do something exciting between that moment and the moment when my soul might finally drift off into the ether. I just could not afford it. Virgin Atlantic put me on hold for a bit and for quite understandable reasons, so I pondered Emirates for a while... I mean, why not? Right? I had always wanted to see Dubai. I could not seem to place which airline could best get me to Kathmandu, so I trusted to myself, my person, and my mind to the ever vigilant Mexicana. And thank goodness for that.

And this is how I found myself here in the beloved Ciudad de México. Here's to a long, friendly relationship with neither physical nor mental attacks in either direction. Yey!

No comments:

Post a Comment