Saturday, September 12, 2009

Coffee

So, here I sit at the counter at MELT! clicking away at my keyboard and trying to converse with the fellows beside me... though they both seem quite taken with the Bay Guardian at the moment.  They're from Scotland.  Apparently, I passed through their hometown on the train once.  Okay, twice.  Once up and once back.  Apparently, they find Hoover Dam to be a marvel of modern engineering.  Did you know that 9% of Las Vegas's power comes from the Hoover Dam?  Apparently, we all saw the lightning or at least all heard the thunder this morning.  As the song goes... If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will.

Yesterday afternoon I even had two cups of coffee sitting around here at this counter, too.  I had hoped to see my friend Karen yesterday or today, but the time is sweeping by rather quickly.  Such is the case though, isn't it?  The longer that people are friends the longer they can go without seeing each other.  Sigh... too true in my life.

I was up early this morning.  Well, more precisely, I still couldn't sleep well last night.  I even found an odd patch of rug burn on my right shoulder to match the gargantuan mystery bruise on the back of my left knee.  So, I found myself wishing I could dance in the rain... but the rain was sadly merely drizzle when I finally made it outside in my raincoat.  The thunder and lightning are an odd treat around here in San Francisco.  People actually go out on rooftops to watch, or so I learned when I made it to Caffe Trieste for an espresso dopio and (of course) an almond croissant.

Well, yeah, there is probably yet another coffee and chocolate story in me from late last night.  But you're going to have to wait to hear that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment