Monday, September 7, 2009

They Sneak Like Ninjas

Wednesday morning, September 3rd, 2009, I was all groggy. I almost never sleep well, but that morning it was so difficult to get out of bed. The first time I remember feeling that way was my first morning of in-patient care. Both times, yes, all times, even on the similar mornings at my parents' house, at Carmen's place, and even other times here in my shoebox, I awoke with severely hazy and cloudy medicine-headedness. This time, though, just like the time in in-patient care, I had whiplash.

Not so oddly, on the night where the evening of the 3rd met the morning of the 4th, I couldn't sleep at all. I kept lying in bed with my heart pounding in my chest and echoing in my ears keeping me awake. I kept looking back over my shoulder so damn sure I would see people ready to attack me in the night. What else was there to do but go to the all night diner? I found little comfort in "pancake puppies," but I did find time to pay my medical bills.

All I can say now about it, after testing the voices in my head: The world need beware my eyes. If only you could see everything I see in the context of history in which I see it. If only...

No comments:

Post a Comment