Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Song Bird

Hee-hee!  I had intended to spend yesterday afternoon reviewing the content on which I was going to tutor my friend's daughter Jess.  My friend had just procured a book on the standards for Catholic High School admission, and I promised to help her daughter study for the admissions exam.  Well, it turns out I am going to do all of that reviewing this afternoon instead, so I spent yesterday afternoon at the Hyde Street cable car turntable singing with my busking friend Mr. 'Hopper.  It was truly quite delightful.

I had barely slept at all the night before, so I returned home afterward for a long (overdue) nap, ran some errands, and then met Mr. 'Hopper yet again at the open mic at the Hotel Utah at which we sang a little Motown together.  "Second that Emotion" never sounded so sweet.  I was so shy after we sang that I could barely handle the compliments we received.

I met a fellow named Jimmy while I was there who wanted to talk my ear off while I tried listening to the music.  I was already out of whiskey when I met him, so I couldn't sip quietly while spinning my glass in my fingers.  I had to merely ask him politely to allow me to hear the music after politely accepting his phone number and politely finding a future polite occasion upon which we could go get some polite coffee.

From the Utah the evening's adventure took me and the handsome and sweet Mr. 'Hopper to North Beach for some safely vegan self homemade cuisine in my boudoir (where "boudoir" means "shoebox size room") before stopping to see the Jugtown Pirates at Mojito.  Yes, I was even able to get a little dancing in before the night was all over.  Yey!  For dancing!

The night ended in the wee hours of the morning with me yet again recently left alone in my room hoping for a chance to try all that over again.  It was a night for a song bird.  And the bird had sung so sweetly.

No comments:

Post a Comment