Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Music Tastes Yummy.

Mmmm... yummy, tasty music. I just wish they also served food at Ireland's 32 during the Tuesday night open mic that my darling Mr. 'Hopper hosts every week. Music would taste better with a side of curly fries.

I have got to admit, I'm coming around on this making music thing. It really is fun. I am fast making friends there at the Ireland's 32, and nothing (musically) beats having a stellar support system. Even at The Hotel Utah which I did attended two nights ago and which is somehow a little higher stress for reasons I never understand, making music was fun. I have had near-debilitating stage fright for so long; it's quite nice to have a room full of love to help me get over it.

This morning was a joy, as always, at the Vesuvio where I did get to spend quality conversational time with my bartender friend Tony Lioce. There was a tourist in there in a suede jacket that I recognized from the Condor (before the naked ladies came out to dance) this last Sunday. His name was Kevin, and although I thought I chose the correct piece from my writing portfolio to share with him, it was apparently quite uninteresting to him. At least he was a gentleman, though. I also met a tourist couple from Colorado which was also similarly disinterested in my writing. Well, I probably just chose a bad fit for each of their reading interests. My works are quite diverse.

I met an energy healer on the way to the library. I worked to my heart's content there at the North Beach branch of the SF library until I completely killed the battery on this little ole computer. I did have enough juice, though, to set up my birthday wish list for my parents. Did I mention yet that I am going to Yosemite for my birthday?

My travel plans have left me in need of a new pair of hiking boots; even though, they have granted me Mr. 'Hopper as a travel companion. Are hiking boots as well as a disarmingly charming (where charming really does mean the same thing as adorably socially awkward) travel companion too much to ask from the universe? I don't think so.

Now, this afternoon and evening I plan to visit my doctor's office for a brain check-up, Kader (Yeah, I spelled his name incorrectly last time.) up at Caffe Cento, Mr. 'Hopper at his humble abode, Vesuvio again for what I think is a book release party, and then Caffe Trieste for some (YEY!) even more tasty live music. Datiko should be around there. He always makes for interesting conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment