Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Freedom's Just Another Word for Nothing Left to Lose

Apparently, Mr. 'Hopper had something left to lose.  He flat did not accept being set free of me and even behaved quite gentlemanly when I stopped by the open mic he hosts at Ireland's 32 every Tuesday night.  He behaved so gentlemanly, in fact, that I even sang the midnight set with him.  The next thing I knew, I was sitting at his place eating homemade soup at 1:30 in the dead of morning. 

Before stopping by Ireland's 32, though, I spent the afternoon with Gaynor at MELT! snacking on coffee, a brownie, a mimosa, a homemade Cornish pasty, and (there must have been) something else before stopping by IDEALe to see Tessa.  She's the IDEALe bartendress.  And what did I order there?  Mmmm... tasty orecchiette in broccoli rabe with pecorino... Someday, I should order something new when I stop in.  If it weren't so tasty, I would have by now, I suppose.

I had originally intended to stop by last night's open mic in order to return CDs to Mr. 'Hopper... but when I saw and heard the musical talent that had turned out for the night, I couldn't help but stay.  I am making an assumption, I know, when I say this... but I believe there has not been such musical talent in the City of San Francisco in decades.  We are experiencing a bit of a musical renaissance these days.  I wish I could keep better track of all the amazing music I have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment