Thursday, January 12, 2012

Iran Will Listen; Obama Will Not.

My grandfather, my mom's dad, was born to workers at the Makaweli Sugarcane Plantation's Work Camp 5 in Hawaii on the island of Kaua'i early in the 1900s. I went back with my mom and my younger sister in March of 2009 to meet our relatives that are still there. They are such good people. One of my aunties even gave me this little angel holding a green heart while I was there. She makes them herself.



People like to call me an angel. It is most likely because I say things like this...

Obama, you bratty child, I am sure you have noticed by now that it is impossible for you to get anything done as president that is not illegal until you grow enough balls to sit down and talk with me as if you were a civilized adult. I am trying to save this nation. Do you know what another war will do to this country, our people, and our economy? The military does not seem like it wants a war. The nation and the world are already asking around to find out why you want one so badly.

I cannot stop a war with a computer and an internet connection. Iran will listen to reason if you let me out of this illegal bubble of oppression, persecution, torture and slavery to speak with them. The problem is my benevolent influence does not work on you, the actual warmonger. We know you are drooling at the mouth as you escalate the conflict with Iran in order to create an armed conflict. I am not holding my breath that you will let me out of this bubble to ensure world peace because you have proven that you do not want peace in this world.

Instead, I put my faith in the people of this nation and the world. They will save me from this bubble that was designed to oppress this nation and to destroy me, so I can fix all of the problems you, with all of your presidential corruption, have personally created. Look at how successful I have been at stopping your quest for money and power. I am also capable of undoing all of your terror and ruin. And I am capable of seeing you rot in a prison for war criminals because of what you and the people you protect have done to me, this nation, and this world.

Obama, you bratty child, we all know you only insist on keeping me in this bubble and will break any law to keep oppressing this nation because you fear the justice I will rain on you. You keep digging yourself deeper. But look! The people are standing up now. They are standing up not just for me but more importantly for themselves. You cannot run a nation built on ideals of "freedom and justice for all" with nothing but fear, terror, lies, and human rights violations. The people will choose love over you every time.

Preventing the US-instigated conflict with Iran is just the beginning. Has anyone else seen the weather lately? Global Climate Change is both undeniable and becoming more dramatic. We need effective world leadership to prevent more weather-related deaths and suffering. I volunteered for this job, but even if the world leaders choose someone else to do it, that person will always be able to ask me for help or advice... assuming I am out of the bubble already.

As for you, Big Oil, I told you already (I think it was about a year ago.), we will get ourselves off of fossil fuels with you or without you. You need to save your companies and save your employees by investing in and developing greener sources of energy now. Do not allow the natural progress of technology pass you by.

Oil money used to fund the state universities in Texas, but that money dried up before I got there. The only university from which I have earned any degree is the University of Texas at Dallas because they were so kind as to give me a full merit-based scholarship for four years. I am so grateful to them for it that I have even put the university in my will.

As much as it should be, education is not a right in our country. It is not even a privilege. A good education around here is more like a serendipitous blessing if it ever happens at all. That said, if you do find yourself in college at any point in your life (And you are never too old.), remember that the diploma is just a receipt. All you really get to keep is what you learn. And, savor every single minute of your general ed courses; the heart and soul of a well-rounded education happens before they force you to specialize.

As a second to last note, if Walgreens decides to finally write me an apology and promises that none of their employees will ever do it again, I will go back to using their stores. It is up to them to do the right thing.

Sweetness, I am deeply and sincerely sorry that my last letter was so short. I have had so much on my mind lately, but that will never be an excuse for not properly expressing to you how much I love and adore you. I trust whatever plan you have to rescue me from this hell. No matter what I do, I cannot make myself safe in here. Safe-ish is all I have. But I am doing everything I can to keep myself as intact as possible, so I can sleep next to you. In so many ways I sometimes feel like I have failed you because I am still in this bubble. I love you more than even I understand. We can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment