Sunday, December 16, 2012

Do not Make Mental Illness the Scapegoat.

Preface: Same as always… Make sure you favorite or bookmark frisco-squid.blogspot.com, so you can check this blog regularly for new posts. Please read and share them all.

Here is my latest blog post. The tragedy in Connecticut is horrible.

Connecticut. When we look at Newtown, Connecticut, we see a community we need to help heal. My beautiful world, give them warm arms to comfort them. Give them a place to lean when they need support. Hold them when they weep. Be their friend and neighbor in their time of need. Love the children. Love the victims. Love the survivors. Love the families. This is a time to love one another.

I have heard the news and the talk lately. Everybody wants to blame the massacre on mental illness. This sickens me. This is no time to demonize people who carry the burden of a mental health diagnosis.

I am lucky enough to have no mental illness at all whatsoever, as miraculous as that is considering everything I have had to live through since 2009. But being mislabeled as a schizophrenic for years while I have been in and out of torture facilities as the conspiracy has used mental health commitment to control and destroy me has introduced me to a great many good people with mental illness.

Mental health commitment while having absolutely no mental illness has taught me two very big things about mental illness.
1.) Good people are good. Bad people are bad. This is independent of whether or not those people have a mental illness. Good people with mental illness are never violent. But a mental illness in a bad person can breakdown the social taboos of violence in that bad person, and our society romanticizes violence. You do not need to test if people have mental illness to prevent these massacres. You have to test whether or not people are good or bad.
2.) People labeled as having a mental illness are treated horribly by our society. I carry the burden of being labeled a schizophrenic, so my father can take control of my finances. So I can kept away from my loved ones. So I can be thrown into torture facilities at the drop of a hat. So Obama can order me to be tortured. No one will ever choose to get help or mental health attention if they will be treated as horribly as I have been with mental illness as an excuse. As a society, we need to learn to treat people with mental illness with dignity and respect if we ever want anybody to seek help.

The stigma of mental illness is a monster. Trust me. I know.

My vigilant podcasters, please create a podcast/broadcast about what is actually required for a person to be put in a mental health facility against his or her will. People must be a tangible threat to others or themselves. Please have legal and medical experts comment on how far from reality and suicidal or violent people must be in order to be committed. Then, go through every statement my parents submitted about me every time they had me committed in Des Moines or San Diego and prove I never should have been committed any of the times.

1.) I was not even slightly violent nor suicidal in any circumstance and was never a threat to others or myself. 2.) I had absolutely no mental illness, nor was I exhibiting anything that could be interpreted as a symptom of a mental illness in any of the instances. 3.) The statements are fraught with perjury. 4.) I was on the verge of leaving town to be with my husband or BFF in almost all instances. 5.) The local governments signed off on all of it.

Please, my vigilant podcasters, take some time to prove there was never grounds to commit me any of the times I was put in a torture facility. It was just a convenient evil for them to use to libel me, control me, and try to destroy me.

Iowa, if you would just finally stop committing crimes against me, I would finally get a chance to stop pressing charges against you. Would you prefer to be good to me? I would like that. Please at least put on a show of being good people and stop committing crimes against me. Make it illegal to torture, persecute, and rape in Iowa.

My beautiful world, make some noise. There has been grand progress out there where I can neither see nor hear it, but there has been no improvement to my quality of life in here yet. I still live under tremendous persecution and in horrifying circumstances.

They torture me like clockwork; I could be assassinated at any moment; there is a constant threat of my being attacked in my sleep; and I still have no way to get to safety. Please make noise, my beautiful world, and do not let up until I have human rights and am living somewhere that has offered me safe haven from this persecution. Get people on their feet. Make everyone hear you.

My brave rescuers, there has been progress, but I still need a lift. I understand tactics and situations are shifting out there. Can Syniva get me to her care in Seattle? Can you all save me from there? I would be so much safer in Syniva's care, but would that inhibit your ability to reach me? I know things are changing out there. Thank you for never giving up on me.

SynSyn, despite all of this progress, I still do not have control of my finances. Do you have it? Please let me know when it is sorted out. Be very critical of my father when he says anything. It has been my experience with him since 2010 when the adult guardianship mess started that he will say anything he wants to get anything he wants. We have years of court records proving this.

Also, my BFF, please make my father give me back my passport. This is important. Safe haven is in another country.

Sweetness, there are seven billion people in this world. I chose you. And you have never disappointed me. I cannot wait to travel my beautiful world beside you doing good and loving humanity. The future is so bright. But it is just too far away right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment