Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ideas that are Various and Sundry...

Okay, stuff on my mind...

Yeah, I have had this odd feeling the last two nights at home that there were some sort of electric charge rising up from the floor recharging my biological batteries. It is so rare for me, on the budget I live on, to have enough energy at all for my mind and body (my "Dynamic Crime Fighting Duo") to run at full capacity, pun may or may not have been intended. It does feel wonderful to finally have my mind churning ahead at full speed... Did you see my just previous post, yet, on my next bit of fiction? Well, here are a bunch of other (hopefully) less fictional things popping up in my mind lately...

The Patriot Act-- Has anyone read it lately? Has it been officially deemed unConstitutional yet by the US Supreme Court? Has anyone tried, yet, to intentionally get arrested under it... by being completely law-abiding and running around doing useful, world-friendly things like telling the truth and putting enough factual evidence into hands of people that the US government has intentionally shat upon by actively terrorizing Americans in completely publicly documented ways? Among other things, the Patriot Act is the only reason that Homeland Security and all of its subdivisions exist in the first place... That's some good stuff to think about, huh? Let's go be peaceful, educational, and law-abiding! I would like to think this already happened, but I never get the news.

The Effectiveness of Being a Naturally Pleasant Person-- Here's the theory: It really annoys the people who attack you. As an added dig to to the irrationally malicious, if you are sincerely sweet, nice, powerful, magnetic, and elegant in your simple beauty while simultaneaously being your natural goofball self (like a limeraiku... the first poetic form I invented)... attackers get confused, laugh a little, and then fix themselves on their own when they finally sit down and talk to you; even if, that conversation happens as an attempt to kill you. Then, they go out and do useful things like try to solve the real problem. Being naturally pleasant is really kind of useful... which, not so surprisingly, is also the only way people can redeem themselves at all after choosing, en masse, to be publicly documented as prosecutably guilty and bring everyone else in their country into illegality-dom with them. That said, I wonder why more people don't sit down and talk to me. Huh... Back on that topic of being a pleasant person, I don't know how not to be one. I have problems not being myself.

The Complaints Form-- Remember two posts ago when I scanned a complaints form for my landlords and put it on this blog? Well, some odd things happened afterwards. I found my long lost sonic screwdriver disappearing ink (So ephemeral!) pen on the dresser in my room with a note saying that one of my landlords came into my locked bedroom while I was out to put it there. Then, I noticed that electric feeling that seemed to come from the floor in my room. I took it to mean that they received my complaints form, and I was right. Yesterday morning, the landlord that I met right when I moved in stopped by to talk to me about my detailed list. YEY! It was confirmation that they received it! When we got up from sitting down and talking, he seemed convinced that he could loan me a socket wrench AND immediately tried to move me and my belongings into the abandoned larger bedroom. Unfortunately, it has an extra lock on it to which no one has a key. Huh,... it kind of makes you wonder what is in there, doesn't it? He left to call a locksmith, and I had a feeling he was going to go do other useful things, too... I hope he is okay. I waited all day at home for a locksmith to arrive, but that night, all that came by was enough of that electric feeling coming from the floor and every other cushioned surface to make me think clearly, heal a little, and feel all energized. If I were a weaker woman, I bet such a charge in this world would have killed me by now. Sadly, this all still means I am in that tiny bedroom until a locksmith finally arrives. I am about to email my landlords to check on them, to see how repairs are coming along, and to ask for extra blankets until they can either fix my bedroom radiator or put me in Layla's old room. Tonight might be interesting.

No New Mail-- Yesterday and today, I had no new legally-speculative mail from the UKBA. So, suffice it to say, I had no mail at all. This and all that torture-wannabee electricity in my system made me feel playful. There is this crochetty old man who works at the Royal Mail office across the street from my home who likes pretending he doesn't flip me off when I ask him how to process all of the mail arrives at my place for people who do not really live there. Don't get all excited; he is mine to deal with. I am thinking about forcing him to deliver mail to GĂ©rard Depardieu for me. I haven't finished writing it, yet, but he better be there when I get around to dropping it off... which could, honestly, be any day in the immediate future... I'm not writing as quickly as I would like. There are things distracting me.

The Current Roster of Divisions of the US Executive Branch That I Find Trustworthy-- This is a SOME-NOT-ALL list; after all, I don't think I have had many encounters with Medicare, yet.
a.) The State Department: Okay, I still consider them socially responsible on an employee-by-employee basis. But they sure do a lot of stuff... you know, like talking and communicating and imparting information (not to me, yet... not like I asked, though) to solve world problems.
b.) The Pentagon: Of all the branches I am listing here, the members of the military are probably the most recognizable. Who doesn't like a man in uniform? Who doesn't fear a woman sniper with one hell of a shiny new gun? There is, of course, no need to fear the US military if you are guaranteeing to each other and all of the people around you all of the human rights due to all people in your geographic area. They are all fun like that... and stuff... you know.
c.) The CIA: I spelled this one out shortly after I arrived in Mexico City in February. I find them completely trustworthy, but most people find them very hard to recognize. Please remember, they will never tell you who they really are nor who they really work for nor why they are here nor why they are constantly unnoticable nor why ... wait, where did they go?
d.) The NSA: Nerds... Mmmmmmm... Yummy, tasty nerds... They do math for a living. Nerds have a tendency to be brilliant and socially awkward all at the same time. The NSA is full of really smart people that are usually too nervous to talk to strangers much. So, the NSA has ended up with a strange mythos built up around them by popular culture. Do you remember the smart kids from school that no one ever usually spoke to much except for other smart kids that no one ever spoke to much either? The NSA is sort of like giving their lunch table a whole lot of fun gadgets that can figure out things that are supposed to be secret. It is very helpful that they naturally don't talk much to other people. Our media that likes to obsess over supposedly-secret divisions of the US executive branch really enjoy not actually speaking to them and just making stuff up about them. Joss Whedon seems to think they have field agents. Then again, if they had field agents, no one would talk to them anyway, so how would anyone figure it out? Why American society likes to fictionalize about them is obvioius; as a people, we are drawn to mystery and intrigue... but, like all divisions of the US executive branch, they have a website that says what they do. Honestly? Why don't people look these things up first? I do agree with the media on this one, though... Do NOT tick off people who are smarter than you... especially when they are in aggregate.
The Underground "Rock Star" Division: This division is still completely fictional and uses "rock star" in its name in the idiom's adjectival form. This is MY division of the US executive branch. It is comprised completely of people who are actively helpful, useful, socially responsible, proud of their individuality and uniqueness in this world, and law-abiding. They look like people. They are human. They might be alive, dead, or undead. The USA is a democracy, after all. The power of the government is the country, and the power of the country is her people. So, why the hell not?

And for my next blog post! Esoteric questions that may or may not be plaguing my existence...

1 comment:

  1. OOOPPPSSS!!! I forgot proofread it before posting. I hope it makes sense, still.

    ReplyDelete