Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Look! Documents! ... I don't have enough money for groceries, bus fare, or even shoes, so I have scanned these and put online.

Considering that I only receive government generated mail at my current address and have not been receiving ANY other mail, including the shoes, clothes, makeup bag, dipping pen, etc... that were required to be sent to me for ANY person to be able to touch or move around my belongings in the States at all (not to mention that my MOTHER would have had to directly supervise any person moving around, touching, or even looking at my belongings, anyway), I asked for a mail forward form from the Royal Mail office across the street from where I live here in the Wigan areajust in case they had been sent to the wrong address.  This is what they gave me.  Notice the section for executors of wills and anyone who is a "Power of Attorney."  Clicking on the thumbnails will make them large enough to read.


Okay, so is Section Three in case of objects being mailed to dead people that might end up at the wrong address and for medical records that might be lost out there somewhere in the mail?  Seriously???

This next scan is what envelopes look like when they actually make it through the Royal Mail, past any people with keys to my home who might pick up and remove any mail (And, we know from my previous post that people like walking in and out of our home willy-nilly at all hours.), and into my hands.  We also receive a great deal of mail through the Royal Mail system in all shapes and sizes of packaging for people who do not really live there... I wonder how that works.


These next seven scans are each page of a NASS agreement that they sent to me.  It did not arrive with any envelope or postage with which I would have been able to send it back.  It also makes a special note on how I am legally bound by it whether or not I am ever capable of sending it back to them.  And, there is also no place for any person at NASS to sign the agreement to acknowledge that they are also bound by it.  Again, click on the thumbnails to see the full, readable image.  Here it is in its completeness!

Considering the above signature page, sometimes I think that people insist on refusing to give me control and possession of any of my actual items sent to me through any delivery system particularly the Royal Mail just to be able to read the heartbreakingly emotionally-tortured love letters I write to him almost constantly.  What people really want to have to go through that kind of I-am-an-already-souless-idiot-running-rampant-in-the-streets-for-preventing-these-two-from-communicating heartlessness proven to themselves by having to read it for themselves through my actual and unique phraseology which honestly only belong to him after I send those letters to him?

This next one is the only correction I found for the transcript of my screening interview.  It belongs in the middle of the twelfth page of the transcript.


This is a letter from the Home Office postmarked on 26March2010.  On later inspection of all letters together, I believe that it is the only real appointment with a solicitor that they have helped me obtain... as is their job.  I could not attend, unfortunately, due to having only £3 to my name and therefore having no way to travel.
 
Oddly, according to the NASS paperwork that did not arrive until today (Please see below for the first two pages of the letter.) my solicitor is only obligated to pay for my travel to a solicitor that has already agreed to be my legal representative, and my case owner is only required to help arrange a first meeting with any solicitors.  I believe (Though, I am only human and prone to normal human error on these complicated topics.) then that the responsibility for providing my travel to the appointment as arranged by the Home Office falls on NASS despite their refusal to assume responsibilty on this matter.

Also, it is explicitly spelled out in all paperwork regarding the topic, that only OISC regulated solicitors, lawyers, legal advisers, etc... are allowed to be a legal representative at all for an asylum seeker here in the UK.  No other person is allowed to legally represent any of us.  So conceptually speaking, why would the system ever allow a person the represent herself?  Obviously, if she is seeking asylum, she is not an OISC regulated legal representative; otherwise, she would be a citizen, among other things.  And now if we take it literally, if you represent yourself, you are your own legal representative.  Clearly, then, ALL asylum seekers are required by the asylum seeking process to have an OISC regulated legal representative, just as they already have declared.

This is a letter from the Home Office postmarked on 29March2010.  They told me to report to a UKBA office in Manchester yesterday morning without any wayor means of traveling there. 

This is a letter from the Home Office postmarked on 30March2010.  Since it has someone else's name on it and is dated with a day that predates my appointment with Jackson & Canter LLP in Liverpool, I doubt it was really meant for me.

These are the first two pages of an eight page letter that just arrived from the Home Office today and was postmarked on 06April2010.  I know that it says in it that I am effectively detained in and confined to my home for two days to wait for their courrier whose arrival time I am not allowed to know at all.  But I doubt they actually meant that.  I received it today, put on my shoes that are damaged beyond repair (but have no choice but to wear to be able to leave the house at all), came out here to hold them responsible for attempting to confine me to my home if that really were there intent, and to spend my very last £3 on groceries.  I have almost mo groceries left in my home/  Please note that it also says that I live on £5 a day which is clearly barely enough money for food, definitely not enough money to ride the bus anywhere, and means that I will not be able to purchase a mobile phone to communicate with people, a computer with which to write prose or verse, a radio to provide music to which I am able to self-medicate, nor even a pair of shoes in which I would be able to walk around. 

Luckily, though, enclosed with this letter I did also FINALLY find the prepaid-postaged means of sending mail to NASS to request them to provide my travel expenses to the places such as the UKBA office in Manchester where they require me to go.  Seriously?  How was I actually supposed to report to the UKBA in Manchester before receiving this letter, going through the rigmarole of mailing documents back and forth with NASS, and then finally listening to NASS do its real job?

Here is the text of the letter I mailed to the Home Office in Liverpool concerning these things.  I placed it in the possession of the Royal Mail on 02April2010.


-----Begin ROUGH DRAFT I still have in electronic form-----

Tanya Hedelisa Albon Varilek
a.k.a. Squid Bedlam Vařilekova
861 Atherton Road
Hindley Green
Wigan
WN2 4TB


01 April, 2010


Elizabeth Brown, Case Owner
Home Office
UKBA Department 3
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN


To My Case Owner, Ms. Elizabeth Brown,


I am just writing you a quick letter to let you know,…


1.) Thank you, for arranging my first appointment with any solicitor here in the Northwest Region of England. I know the appointment with Jackson & Canter LLP in Liverpool fell into the list of tasks in your actual job description, but I thought I would thank you, anyway. Sometimes people need to be thanked for bothering to do their jobs properly, if at all. Again, thank you.


2.) After I called to let your office know that my paperwork from NASS did not arrive in which I was to receive the information on how I was to get to the above-mentioned appointment with my solicitor, thank you for making a later appointment for me with another closer solicitor.


3.) Although the new solicitor is closer, I will still need NASS to make sure I can afford to make it to that appointment. Even printing out this letter, copying the necessary government paperwork from you, and putting it in the post is quite a financial burden that I know will impair my ability to buy groceries on the meagre funds that NASS has allowed me so far.


4.) I would prefer to visit the first solicitor you helped me to find, so I will be sending them a copy of this letter along with copies of all related paperwork so far sent to me by NASS and you, the Home Office.


5.) According to the paperwork you sent me with the postmarks of 29.3.2010 and 30.3.2010, I am supposed to be reporting to the UKBA office in Dallas Court in Manchester next Tuesday, 6 April, 2010 at the same time as I am supposed to be at the new appointment you made for me at my new solicitor in Wigan.


6.) According to the paperwork you already sent to me and that was postmarked on 26.3.2010, the first appointment you arranged for me with any solicitor was made after your office had already learned my dispersal address here in Wigan. Since you will need to rearrange my first meeting with any solicitor anyway, do you mind making that appointment with the solicitors you helped arrange for me the first time, Jackson & Canter LLP?


7.) Do you mind also notifying NASS that I have still received absolutely no paperwork from them on how to afford travel to any of the places or appointments that they are obligated to make sure I can afford to reach? These are appointments including but not limited to a.) weekly reporting to any UKBA office and b.) meeting with any solicitor.


8.) I will be sending a copy of this letter and all necessary supporting documents to both NASS and Jackson & Canter LLP, as well.


9.) I still hope to bring a copy of my hand-corrected transcript of my screening interview with me when I am finally able to report to a UKBA office. Only one word was wrong. An “a” should have been a “the.” The mistake was easily made, but it affected the meaning of the sentence.


10.) The agreement that NASS sent to me in order for me to sign and return arrived in my hands with neither a return envelope nor return postage. NASS already knows what little funds we all in the asylum seeking process have with which to buy enough food to eat everyday. I will be unable to return the agreement to them until I am capable of arriving at the office of a solicitor or when I am finally allowed to report to a UKBA office that will copy it for me free of charge. It is a seven-page document, and I do not have the funds to copy the paperwork myself. I am sure they understand why I need a copy of it for myself as well as the means to mail it back before they can actually expect it returned from me. Also, since it says in the paperwork itself that I am still bound to the agreement even if I do not sign and return it, I am sure they understand why there is no doubt that they need to be functioning as is “normal” for them according to their very own job descriptions; even if, I have not yet received from them the funds with which I would be able to send it back yet.

-----End ROUGH DRAFT-----

Now, I am going to go buy groceries, go home, and be confined to my house while waiting for their apparently unannouncable courrier.  Sarcastic: YEY!

P.S. We all know that my human rights begin with EVERYONE not only the government treating me as a human.

No comments:

Post a Comment