Monday, April 12, 2010

More Idiots and More of our Snail-Mail... I Hope Happier and Less Infuriating News Goes in the Next Post

Again with these, click any of the thumbnails to see the full image.

This first scan is about the issue in my last post about the UKBA denying its own responsibilities for providing me with the means to travel to the office in Manchester to which I am supposed to "report" every Tuesday morning.  This is the document that NASS provided for me instructing me on how to use the bus travel tickets that they would eventually be sending to me in order for me to be able to travel to that office that they require I visit.  These tickets with which I would be able to travel have still not arrived, and I am supposed to be there tomorrow morning.  Clearly, I sent them mail on 02April2010 and on 09April2010 about this issue.  Both of them were mailed in time for them to notify the UKBA office in Manchester that I would not be able to be there due to the appropriate UKBA office still not sending me any means to travel there.  It is now Monday.  The mail has already arrived.  My means to travel has still not arrived by post.  I hope they have already looked up the phrase "unlawful incarceration" in a legal dictionary.
This next letter arrived on Saturday and was postmarked 08April2010.  Apparently, that letter from the UKBA dated 22March2010 yet postmarked the following week actually WAS meant for me; even though, it was written TO someone else.



This is my response to that piece of post above.  I will put it in the mail today with some other letters.




The sign-in sheets for my landlord to keep track of whether or not I and my roommates are actually staying right there in our NASS assigned housing for financially destitute (due to how many funds of our own we are allowed to control) asylum seekers are all being picked up by the UPM staff except for mine.  The man who had inducted me to my new housing for the duration of my time in the asylum process had requested that we do not submit our maintenance requests on the provided complaint forms, so I had been writing my maintenance requests on the sign-in sheets, instead.  I believe their desire not to fix the problems with our drinking water is why they would leave my sheets and take everyone else's.  So, I wrote out an official form and emailed it to them today.  I know it may not be very legible, so the full text is included below it.  I had to write very small to make all of my complaints fit on the form.

 
-----START COMPLAINTS FIELD-----
On 31March2010, three men stopped by to have tea and vacuum the living room. Why was it impossible for one of them to remove the trash in the back garden?

On 03April2010, I noticed odd chemicals started appearing in the kitchen water.

On approx 07April2010, Tony stopped by to pick up sign-in sheets. I watched him read them.

May I borrow a socket wrench for a 1cm bolt?

When do I move into Layla's new abandoned room?

On 11April2010, I noticed all faucets hot and cold in the common areas were having chemical additive issues.

My bed in room #2 makes my heart race and my body twitch instead of allowing me to sleep. Oddly, I get very sleepy when I drink the water. The bed is a sure way to wake up.

My bedroom radiator has a constant and very loud hiss; although it is never warm. The other radiators in the house are warm when running but do not have that hiss.

There is a warm spot among the loose floorboards in front of my never-warm radiator. It is, oddly, right above the chair I sit in when I write these things to you.

Because you have acknowledged that this home is forbidden a landline, this must come to you in writing.

Why is there an airvent in my room at all if we have radiators instead of central air? And why does it lead to the chimney for the closed over fireplace?

I will attempt to also contact your main address at the following: UPM/Clearspring Management Ltd., Brook Road, Brook Road Business Park, Rayleigh, Essex SS6 7XJ, UK
-----END COMPLAINTS FIELD-----

Alright, there that is.... Soon I will be getting around to my regularly scheduled blogging topics... instead of these local, legal mundanities.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Tanya,
    I hope you are well. This note is just to let you know that I've sent you a note to the usual email address concerning the happy outcome here in SF today. Please check there when you have a chance.
    - David Wright

    ReplyDelete