Thursday, October 27, 2011

Clean Ocean Air

My life is hell. That is no secret. I live in an unbearable situation in Iowa.

But today I had a chance to breathe some good, clean ocean air up in Malibu. It provided a long overdue reset of my system. I can endure anything now.

Yes, that is right. I went hiking in my dress in heels up at Point Dume yesterday afternoon. The weather was spectacular. The coastline was jagged. And a good time was had by all.

My dear old friend Christian took me and my mom around town all day, and the night began with Cadillac margaritas at a nearby Mexican restaurant. My mom already made plans for the two of us for tomorrow. Friday, we are going museum hopping; it has been years since I have seen the Getty or the LACMA. Saturday is reserved for shopping during the day and in the evening a costume party.

I would really like to see the Occupation. I would really like to soak up some sun on the beach.

Staying in Santa Monica is convenient to so much to do which is fabulous since my mother refuses to rent a car. But on our attempted (less than a mile) walk to the beach yesterday morning, my leg cramped up on me. I have been fine since resting, but a word of advice. If your leg cramps on you, do not keep walking on it until it can no longer hold your weight.

Our vacation rental is super adorable and accessible only by a secret passage. You can torture me all you want; I will never reveal how to get to my Kermit doll.

Sweetness, no worries. I would wait a lifetime to be with you... if it were not for the damn bubble... I have had little chance to watch television, but I plan on watching you on Letterman tomorrow night. Let's hope I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment