Friday, October 14, 2011

How I Celebrated my Birthday this Year

My birthday was fun. I had a nice dinner in Ankeny with my mom, and then I kicked up my heels at the Ziggy Marley show downtown. I ended the night at the Lift sipping rum into the wee hours of the morning.

Yesterday, a friend took me out to lunch at the Des Moines Art Center where we perused the works of art all afternoon. And after Mom and I hit the gym last night, we split a wedge of pecorino tuscana and a bottle of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.

Tonight, I am going out with some old friends from high school for some reveling in our age. We have had a few birthdays these past few days. It should be fun.

The real party is a gift from my mom and will occur 25Oct2011. Just a week and a half to go! Yey!

Sweetness, it was a lonely birthday without you, but it just means we will celebrate a little late this year. I know you are doing all you can. Similarly, I am doing everything I can think of to never spend another lonely night without you. We get so close sometimes I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment