Sunday, September 12, 2010

Random Thoughts Loosely Strung Together....

I was reading the news today and yesterday. It made me think...

I do not yet understand the prevailing fiscal policies of so many governments. In times of economic crises, governments should be fostering growth not stunting their own economies. When a government is in debt, it has more to gain from investing in the economy to create greater tax revenue than from reducing how much money is in people’s hands. Reducing citizens’ incomes while raising taxes leaves people with no money to spend to save their economy. Such action only stunts an economy and speeds up its downward spiral. To save an economy, people need their money to move around, and they need to see their money grow when they invest it. Think of the increase in tax revenue to offset any debt if the economy could be inspired to grow. This is just math. You cannot fix an economy my ruining it further.


Who is the real threat to the American way of life? Is it Al Queda or the US’s own corrupt government? The trial for the accused mastermind of 9/11 is to be held in New York. I believe it is an effort to re-brainwash New Yorkers with the government’s cover story for what happened. I was once asked why it is we always blame the US government for the terror plot. We blame the US government because only the government could get away with it. And why would they do it? To ruin America... and look, only nine years later, the ruin is almost complete.


I do admit that many policies of the US government foster foreign terrorists. Just look at the level of sanctions the US has against Iran, North Korea, and other nations. The US government propagates hate and fear. What grounds did the US have to invade Afghanistan and Iraq? Did it involve Weapons of Mass Destruction that do not really exist? (What have soldiers been dying over?) Can you imagine the opinions held about Americans by people who live in these regions after everything the US government has done to them? Worse yet, what about the people from these regions who did not believe that the US is only lies and hatemongering and went to the US to start a new and better life? How were they greeted? How are Muslim-Americans treated by the rest of the American public? Yes, I do believe US policies foster terrorists. What if we tried something other than hate and fear?


Now, about how governments treat the freedoms of their own people… If they are removing freedoms, privacy, and liberties, what are they protecting? Nothing is worth losing the basic rights and freedoms that makes a democracy. Security? What security? What is left to keep safe?

As for the British, I felt the love last night... Please stay organized out there, Britain. I know you want to redeem yourselves; you know I cannot officially forgive you until I am no longer your victim. It just takes enough people. It is time to rise up and demand I be set free of this hell and be given my full human rights.

Thank you, my beautiful world, for staying organized, strong, and united. You will get me to my full human rights in the arms of my husband in Frances, yet. Thank you. Keep fighting.

I am here:
The Windsor House Quack Ward
40 Upper Parliament Street
Toxteth
Liverpool
L8 7LF
UK

...but please do not send anything. It all gets stolen before it reaches me.

No comments:

Post a Comment