Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day at the Museum

In an effort to cheer up, I spent the afternoon at a museum in Des Moines looking at art, architecture, and antique books. Here is the slave girl at the Salisbury House...


I was the only person who signed up for the 1pm Nooks & Crannies Tour today. My tour guide was named Mr. David Ross, and he was an absolute sweetheart. He even let me play their custom Steinway. The antique and rare book collection in the library made my heart jump.

After the museum I stopped off for some coffee at Zanzibar on Ingersoll. Des Moines is actually not so bad. A man tried to clean the sidewalk before I could step on it. I have not had that since Mexico City.

Ankeny is another story. I was carded in Ankeny tonight after I ordered a margarita. And they still have not cleaned up the city water. Drink nothing in Ankeny. Bring all of your liquids in with you.

Sweetness, I feel I should warn you that when we meet you will render me shy and awkward. Not many forces in this world can do that. It is not my natural state. It is not even my basic state. It is something I am very unfamiliar with. Please do not make me ask if it is okay to kiss you. I will likely be unable to speak. I love you so completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment