Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Terrorist

I meant to put this post up yesterday, but the chanting in the streets made my stomach churn. I wanted to know why before I said anything. Osama bin Laden is dead.

A lot of intelligent people have said a great many things on this topic already. I agree that it is fabulous news that Osama bin Laden has been stopped, and I believe this for many reasons. I will not celebrate death, though. And I will not glorify violence.

For years, leaders of the Western world have been trying to paint Muslims as the boogeyman. Osama bin Laden loved it and was happy to oblige. While the corrupt-powers-that-be were building a new Cold War economy by spreading irrational and racist fears, Osama did his best to paint the money-hungry West as the enemy of all of Islam.

A miracle happened, though, that kept the impending racist violence at bay. Some sort of influence from the West made in through to the Muslim world, like water through a cultural, semi-permeable membrane. And the Arab nations humanized themselves to the West by rising up and fighting for reforms and their human rights.

Let us hope the death of Osama bin Laden only helps bring an end to the violence in the world. Let us hope it ends the war. Let us hope it brings the troops home.

This is one planet. We have enough problems. We cannot allow racism and religious differences to drive us to fight.

It was not Bush moving troops to areas where Osama bin Laden was not nor was it Obama carrying out the agendas of the previous Republican administration that found bin Laden's whereabouts and killed him. The credit is due to the CIA and the military's Special Forces. Obama the Oppressor happened to be the president when Osama bin Laden's hiding place was found, and the world is lucky that he did what any president would have done if it happened on his or her term.

Honestly, I did not want to see him assassinated. I wanted to see him stand trial.

(Funny, if you ask me my opinion of President Incompetent, I might say the same thing. I do not want to see Obama the Terrorist assassinated; I want to see him stand trial.)

As much as people like to give credit, good or bad, to the president at the time for all things that happen while he or she is in office, I do not think Obama the Sociopath will want to claim credit. There are many reasons for this. For one, assassination is not a popular pastime of most Nobel Peace Prize winners. But as much as I would never steal credit for anything from the CIA or the military, we all know I am also smarter than the president.

People are also very worried about retaliation these days. Violence begets violence, after all. I am proud to hear that the police are out and about keeping places like New York City safe.

As for you, the people who made my stomach churn with your public display of the cruel nature of the West. If you love America so much, do something to make the nation great again. Help your neighbor. Do something good in this world.

When there is finally an end to the US's wars abroad, then fill the streets with revelry.

Sweetness, you can expect two letters and one package to arrive somehow distributed between tomorrow and Thursday. Some of the content might seem a little out of date, now. They are three days old, after all. I love you with every essence of my passionate soul. I know you would follow me to the very ends of the Earth. But are you really capable of coming for me in middle America? They comply here.

No comments:

Post a Comment