Monday, February 14, 2011

Do you not Care about Freedom?

This is my second of three posts for the day.

Who is next Yemen, Bahrain, Libya, Algeria, or anywhere else? Iran, I see you are in there, too. Democracy is sweeping through North Africa and the Middle East. What is Obama doing? Obama is committing human rights violations. He is oppressing the American people and openly persecuting me. Democracy is alive and kicking. Human-rights-driven people's revolutions are ripe and being harvested while the supposed leader of the once free world is committing human rights violations. At least someone out there listens. Americans have not yet brought about their own people's revolution for their own human rights. Americans, do you not care about the United States of America? Do you not want this to be a free country again? The Islamic nations are better at this than you are.

I believe in gender equality. I should not have to present myself to the world as a man in order to be taken seriously in what I do in this world. I can be a girl and successful at the same time. It is one thing, though, to raise self-confident girl children who not only can and do work with and compete head-to-head with boys, but it is another thing to raise boy children to respect girls as equals. We cannot do only half of the work by raising strong women. We also have to raise men to believe in gender equality. I put blame where blame is due, and so much of this could have been fixed long ago if men had just been raised to be respectful of women.

I made jambalaya the other day courtesy of Zatarain’s™. It was mighty delicious. I have long loved New Orleans and have pondered moving there on many the occasion... you know, get a little place with garden in one of the neighborhoods and really invest in my community. It feels like the sort of place where you really invest in your community... know your neighbors... share cucumbers from your gardens... that sort of thing. I am so glad to see that their recovery from Hurricane Katrina has a long-term plan. They are really building institutions to last down there. I worry, though, about how they will survive the rising ocean levels. Is there a plan yet for keeping our heritage and culture safe in New Orleans?

This, I think, speaks for itself.


This one might seem a little random, but I care: I am all for alternative medicine, but this is ridiculous. Is there any mysticism in any indigenous religions that can protect the rhinoceros? There is no medical reason to keep poaching them.

Okay, there is only one post left for today...!

No comments:

Post a Comment