Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Creaky and Beat-up Old Body...

My body is feeling its beatings today. I am all creaky and stiff. I am sure a good session of dance therapy would do me good; I wonder if anyone is playing tonight. If I could just get my joints and muscles to warm up, I am sure the cracking and popping noises would stop.

No, that is not cappuccino foam at the tip of my nose. That is a scar. There is still active spy equipment in my head. It is the speakers in my ears I hate the most.

Why is this not over, yet? I am tired of being persecuted. What? You do not know what I am talking about? Oh, really? It is all just in my head? Stop being the problem. Organize and refuse to comply.

On the absurd side of things, despite headphones and glasses, I still look like a teenager...

It just is not fair. I am 33 years old, but my body feels like I am 300... and my face makes me look 13. I over-tip when I get called ma'am or madam instead of miss. I am old. I deserve the respect that comes with it.

I have been light-headed and giddy all day from being in love. It is probably a good thing I feel like I am flying because I doubt my knees could hold me up otherwise. Oh, Sweetness, check your mail on Saturday. You have all the love and energy my beat-up, old body can generate. Treat me gently.

No comments:

Post a Comment