Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hippie Peacemongering and Environmentalism is Enclosed...

I wonder sometimes what it would be like to lead a simpler life... With the world what it is, I will never have that freedom. My dream, open-air, beach bungalow will need an internet connection. Though, if I had not promised to carry humanity through global climate change, I could get away with about an hour of facing the world through the internet a day to keep the peace as best I can. Would that be nice? About an hour a day of me sitting on a couch with my Sweetness beside me while I talk to information providers through my webcam... Solutions are always so much simpler than most people realize. Sigh... I wonder how my Sweetness would feel about that. Regardless, I do not plan on fading away once I get my human rights.

Here is an article that feels like it was written by a Midwestern man. I never had worse luck with dating than in the Midwest. In Iowa, I should have stuck to single, old high school friends. But, they all have pretty much left the state. In Chicago, I should have dated my bartender or the boy next door. The people who actually made it out to drinks with me were less than savory egotists with less manners than a stable animal. Well, except for the physicists... there was an astrophysicist who was a sweetheart and a nuclear physicist I should have given a second chance. Anyway, my type is much easier to find in California. I like them intelligent (and largely self-taught) with a strong personality and more than a touch on the socially awkward side. That's my type. Hee-hee... and I take my coffee hot, strong, and on the kitchen table. I find life with my perfect mail-order husband would be better if we were actually allowed near each other. That is my only complaint there. Tell Beyoncé he put a ring on it.

Look! Egypt is making progress! They are both sustaining their nation and demanding reforms. I hope their new nation comes to them. Egypt, do not settle for less than you deserve.

Oh, my oceans... This causes me pain. (I have been so run down lately... as if my energy were sneaking off somewhere else to do good without my conscious direction.) We, as the human race, the dominant species on this planet, need to take better care of our oceans. There will be no life on this planet if we lose the life in the oceans. We cannot ignore a planet screaming in pain.

Thailand and Cambodia, what is this? Is a border dispute worth this? Did you even try diplomacy this time, or did you skip it and go straight to fighting? I do not think you have it in you to live your whole existence war torn. Try finding a diplomatic solution. Define your borders with maps, not mortars.

Oh, Switzerland, I love you, too. Keep him running scared. Yet, look at that, he is safe from war crime charges in the States while his fellow torturer Obama is still president. I feel so much shame for America sometimes. Look at our president. Look at our oppressed people. So much for Obama being any sort of leader of any sort of free world.

The biggest terrorist threat the US faces is its own president. The Patriot Act should be repealed. The powers of the executive branch should be stripped to their original levels as spelled out in the US Constitution. How are we supposed to be a free society when we are terrorized by our own government? Privacy is a huge concern for me... as is due process... and all of the other human rights I am denied. This is not over until Obama is tried and convicted for war crimes.

Web 2.0 as a vehicle for social reform? You better believe it! I have long believed that if people could just get to the truth, they would do the right thing. This is not the Information Age; this is the Communication Age. With friends as far away as your finger tips on your text message, facebook, and twitter features all day, it has never been so easy for those who embrace technology to be in touch. The truth has momentum, and it is getting around. Let us hope it gets some massive inertia, too.

Iron Maiden recently played Russia. Do you know the story behind their "3 Minutes to Midnight"? I believe it is about the Cuban Missile Crisis. I wonder if they could write a "4 Minutes Past Midnight" for me. Yeah, I know, it does not scan very conveniently... but I am sure they are up to the challenge. Or should I ask Wolfmother to do it? Hee-hee...

Oooooo...! Fireworks! It is the Chinese New Year, after all. I can make fireworks like that. I just need to eat food afterwards. It is one of the reasons I am hoping this can get resolved without my going on a hunger strike. What if something happens that requires a great deal of my energy? I wonder how much my beat-up body can generate on just on cup of coffee and one cup of milk per day. I can stand to lose the weight, but I cannot stand to lose the world.

I miss my home. I miss all of my friends all over North Beach. I miss Chinatown this time of year. Here, I have one mother. There, I have an entire support system of friends. If their facade is still about my healing, it would have been more convincing if they would have sent me somewhere to heal instead of under the thumb of my asshole of a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment