Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bigger than Humans, Smaller than God

I do not compromise nor negotiate with terrorists. No one should. I do not care if that terrorist is the current president of the United States of America.

Okay, people, we need to talk about the environment. Yes, we are in a huge geologic cycle that is heating up the planet, but that is no reason why we should not do all we can for the environment. Quite the opposite, it means we should do all that much more to make sure humanity can survive this. We need to clean up the air. We need to clean up the growing oceans. We need to find sustainable living for all of us.

Global Climate Change is bigger than humans but smaller than your Western God. This is not the book of Revelations, but it is still bigger than anything we as humans can undo. We need to adapt to our new surroundings. This will keep changing. We need to get ahead of the weather. We need to get ahead of the flooding and snow. We need to get our brains around what a warmer world means for food production, infrastructure, disease, etc... If I had my way, we would even move all of our cities out of flood plains... but I fear generations of flooding and ruin are the only things that will move you. People can be so stubborn.

Speaking of weather, it seems the winter snow storm skirted the Des Moines area once again. We made it through with only seven inches of snow and a few hours of gusting winds. Right now we have cold, drifts, and a windchill, but this is nothing compared to what so much of the rest of the country has endured. I hope you are all taking care out there in the cold.

As for this crazy notion of expanding the president's powers even further... Why would you? Do you not think that the US president's office has enough expanded powers to overstep any effective and timely balance of power? Instead, Congress should really be thinking about repealing the Patriot Act and restoring Americans' human rights and the original checks and balances of the US Constitution. Let's give the Constitution a chance.

This should be common knowledge by now, but I am a firm supporter of gay marriage. This is for many reasons, but at our most basic, we as humans are equal. Women and men are equal. Any place in the law where the word 'man' appears, 'woman' is interchangeable. The state of Iowa might soon be facing a vote on a marriage amendment that hopes to limit the definition of marriage to 'one man and one woman.' If 'man' and 'woman' are truly equal words in the eyes of the law, it should limit nothing if it passes. Let us hope logic and equality prevail.

Sigh... this brings me to health care. Nobody actually wants to be caught without health care. Instead of making health care mandatory and having it punishable by law if you cannot afford it, why not make health care affordable? Then, since everyone can afford it, everyone will have it. Obama does everything wrong. I have a sneaky suspicion he was actually trying to bury the economy.

I spent the last few days ordering beach dresses online and baking cookies. I look forward to leaving the hell that is my parents' house for my real home. I am working on it. I know you all are, too. Stay warm at the Superbowl.

Do you all remember my old friend Cuddlebunny? Yes, you might all be wondering what on Earth could have made us such good friends. He sincerely changed and repented. Not once did he try to befriend me to cover his own ugly, skinny backside. I cannot save those that still actively persecute me. Cuddlebunny sincerely underwent a change of mind and heart. I gave the UK nine months to redeem itself, and the British people still attacked, tortured, and harmed me. Obama is trying to cover his ass. My dad broke the law to take away my freedom and autonomy and just wants to hangout with movie stars. After all I did to save them all, the only one who turned to the good side was Cuddlebunny. There seems to be a limit to the power of my benevolence. And I am only benevolent.

Egypt, you as a people are peaceful. It is the supporters of the current president who are violent. Yes, you should always defend yourselves. Please be careful out there, though, and stay on the moral high ground by being as peaceful as you can. Stay united. Stay organized, and you will see your beautiful new Egypt. Accept nothing less.

Sweetness, thank you for being my 'Player 2' (as the video game geeks like to call it). I have the easier path in this. I married a movie star. You, Sweetness, you married a nerd... This might be a challenge for you. Thank you for putting up with all of me. Check your mail on Saturday. I will be stopping at the post office tomorrow. Love,... ah, sweet love... Happy Valentine's month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment