Monday, January 31, 2011

Mostly Silent Since Thursday

I took a little break from the internet for most of my lazy weekend. I blame the water for all of my lethargy. I have been trying to switch up where my water comes from, and it has really helped. It does not, however, give me any more of my human rights. Let us work on that, world. Let us work on getting us all our human rights.

What did I do Friday? I watched tennis in the wee hours of the morning, so I slept from about 5am until about 10am. I went to a medical appointment at 1pm. I have no idea why they keep scheduling them. They do not get to acknowledge anything that has happened to me since my human rights were taken away. After that, I wanted some sun and some fresh air, so I drove down to Grey's Lake and took the lake walk in my heels. I had research to do, so I stopped in the new, shiny, copper Des Moines library and printed out almost 100 pages of articles and academic papers. I ducked into the smoothie-and-other-health-food cafe that is attached, and the Mango Mango really cleared my head. It was nectar from the gods, and I must have been more than dehydrated. I snatched up some dinner at China Moon and went back to the parents' house for the night.

Well, I updated my resume which has been on hotjobs since 2009 on Thursday, and so far I have only received spam from it. It looks like the persecution continues; the US government is still forbidding me contact from would-be employers. Then again, I would need the spy equipment removed from my head before I could really take a job, and it is still the US government that is forbidding the spy equipment from being removed from my head. Wow! The US government has me not only persecuted from every angle but also penniless.

As for you Egypt, please stay as peaceful as you can while you demand the government that you deserve. It is beautiful to see a population organize and demand their rights. Please stay as peaceful as you can, and do not settle for less than the government that will make you happy. It is working.

I heard that Obama had something to say about human rights in Egypt. Where does that waste of human skin get off criticizing any country's human rights policy? He is the culpable president guilty of oppressing all of America and persecuting an innocent woman. It started because Obama thought he could get away with it, and it continues because Obama does not want to be held accountable for his actions. He is trying to stall so long that he hopes he will not get impeached. Sorry, Obama. War crimes and human rights violations are still impeachable offenses. My only regret is that Saddam Hussein is not here to sit on your jury of peers. What? You forgot that systemic rape is a war crime?... just to mention one of your offenses...

Ethanol is still driving up food prices around the globe. I know I am in Iowa right now, and this is no place to get caught criticizing the first force to let farmers make real profits... but ethanol is wrong on so many levels. Yes, it is nice to see alternatives to oil, but corn is food. With all of the starvation in this world, why are Iowans using food to move their cars around? If Iowan farmers have been having problems selling corn for people to eat, why not grow food people actually do eat? This is some of the richest soil in the world! Why is it Iowan farmers are not growing food to feed people? With the soil quality here, Iowa has the potential to be agriculturally self-sustaining. Instead, they would rather create higher carbon emissions with corn-based car fuels. Rant over. I hate ethanol.

Thankfully, we can count on the courts for long-needed reasoning in times like these. That was my problem with the health care Obam-ination from the start. It is too expensive for lower- or middle-income families to afford the care, and if they do not pay for it they are penalized. Yes, our country needs to address its health care system, but all Obama did was take a problem and make it worse. That is all Obama does; he ruins America.

And on the topic of Obama, did he fire his speech writers for "win the future," yet? I know Obama is not the best with words himself, but that was one of the stupidest themes for I speech they could have chosen. It is not as bad as ending your campaign slogan with a preposition (which was reason enough to refuse to vote for Obama), but the future is not a contest. The future is something we borrow from our children... to adapt a Native American sentiment. We need to be responsible and intelligent not competitive. Unfortunately, our president knows nothing about being responsible nor intelligent. He is such a sorry excuse for a world leader. Look at his track record, and then tell me if he cares about the future or if he is just trying to cover his ugly, skinny backside.

No comments:

Post a Comment