Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Know This Takes Time.... and the Pentagon Papers...

I know that getting all of the political trash (and the like) removed and disposed of takes time... and if you do anything, do it right. But my existence is so miserable in this bubble that of course I need America fixed up as soon as possible. I know you, my friends, are doing everything you can. I am not being ungrateful. I just need this all to end.

Despite all of this, though, there are still some thoughts that cheer me up. Sweetness, make sure you check your mail today (I baked them myself; it's a family recipe.) and on Tuesday (This is one is more of a gift for me.). It's Valentine's Month!!! Oh, and Sweetness, when this is all over, do you mind being the one to bring me the good news that I have my human rights again? I cannot think of anyone else I would want to deliver the beautiful message. Yes, I call my husband "Sweetness."

Sigh... meanwhile, does anyone else remember the US Supreme Court ruling concerning the Pentagon Papers? Apparently, you CANNOT constitutionally censor anyone BEFORE he or she speaks. The ruling is a big deal concerning freedom of speech and freedom of the press here in the States. Good thing to remember, huh?

I went out to hear some music last night and to attend an art reception. I was home and asleep in front of the TV by 9pm. Life is no fun when no one is allowed to speak to you. It is, in fact, dreary and miserable. I am so tired of all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment