Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Googley-eye-schlager... and the Speech of His Smarmy-ness...

I spent last night at a bar in Des Moines called The Lift surrounded by twenty-something menfolk having a night off from party-mode. They were full of stories of drunken vomit and hobbled ankles. Ahhh.... youth. I was clearly the oldest person in the bar including the bartender. One of them bought the whole lot of us shots, and I guzzled some concoction that tasted like a baked good... a gingerbread cookie, I think. It was the second time in my life I had ever had Goldschlager. Now that is an odd drink. It made me ask the bar full of twenty-soemthings, "Could we make googley-eye-schlager?" And our only conclusion was that we needed edible googley eyes first.

It is another day, and the world is still turning. The same problems still persist... as if humanity has never learned anything. America is still oppressed. No one is ready for Global Climate Change. And, I am not even allowed to control my own finances. Maybe someday America will stand up for itself, organize, and refuse to comply.

I miss the days I could blog about topology and electronic music. This talk is a great replacement for what I wish I could discuss today instead of needing to repeat myself in the following paragraph. I do not agree with everything he says, but his spirit is right. Enjoy! Have you ever wondered what I would be capable of if I were not persecuted?

We all know Obama does not write his own speeches, right? If for any reason this speech made you trust His Smarmy-ness, please remember that this is the man who tried to convince us that oil naturally evaporates and biodegrades in mass quantities. At the most you can say he knows how to deliver a speech written by someone better with words than he is. Personally, the speech made my skin crawl. Since when did he care about the future of America? He is the man in charge of the US executive branch that persecutes me. He is the man who removed all of the freedom of the press in America and who oppresses the American people. Do you live in fear of what he would do if you told me the truth? America, Obama does not care about you. He does not want you to be great. He is a trained liar who was preened to be elected in 2008. He was preened to be viewed as some sort of savior, and what has he done as president? He has ruined America. He was preened to ruin America.

The Australian Open just started yesterday. I know that a number of noble tennis players organized exhibitions to raise money for the flood victims down there. I cannot wait to watch. Sadly, according to the Australian Open website, I "cannot subscribe to the live coverage due to licensing restrictions in [my] territory," but if I brave my parents' basement... Oh! Wait! ESPN3.com has coverage. YEY! Tennis really cheers me up.

Sweetness, do not forget to check your mail today AND Thursday. It's Valentine's Month! Oh, and Johnny, I know you are a very busy man who is only kept away from my by the persecution of the US government. But, if you should ever have a time when you wonder what you can actually do about the situation I am in... pause, and have a moment for yourself. Pick a place you always wanted to live, and build us a home there. (Just for me, do not buy a house in a flood plain. Plan for the weather.) Take some time for yourself, and nest.

Grow me a garden, someplace I can wander through in the rain and sun... barefoot, sinking my toes in the dirt and picking flowers for my left ear... someplace I can feel the sky in my hair as it billows in Mother Nature's breeze. And when I am done in the garden, I can wander into the house with my dirty feet and find you sitting cross-legged on the couch in your nerdy-chic glasses reading American fiction, and I can curl up in your lap... and feel our souls rest together.

If you ever do not know what to do, build us a home we can live in as a family. That said, I know you are very busy, and I hate telling you what to do. But do not forget to take care of yourself, Sweetness. You are just about the only thing getting me through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment