Friday, August 6, 2010

And my internet situation has begun resolving itself here in my hell...

Monday morning I received not only the long awaited mailed package from my mom, but I also received a well-thought-out package from the Swiss Embassy in London. I REICEVED STUFF!!! It was wonderful. Normally only mail from my mom, the UKBA, the NHS, and my solicitor with Jackson & Canter LLP ever arrive here. It was delightful.

My eyes are swelling up randomly in my sleep. I think I have an allergy to the flame-resistent pillows and blankets in here. The swelling leaves large circles under my eyes after the puffiness goes down. Don't worry, it only happens in my sleep.

Among other random happenings, the wind caught my hair as I passed through a newly painted doorway recently. I now appear to have some very distinguishing grey hairs. I very much like the look on me; I appear closer to my real age of thirty-two. Sigh...

I do not support Glastonbury, and I do not think I will ever be able to in the future. Did you see the crowds there? Those very crowds claimed to support me, but what were they doing about it? Did they remove the chips from their heads? Did they amass in those same numbers outside of my torture facility demanding my freedom? Either would be greatly appreciated. But no, instead they amassed in large numbers to hear free music. Please remember that I am prone to normal human error, though, and am wrong on ocassion. I am also prone to forgiving those who wrong me given enough time to heal from it. If the British public turns it around and demands my freedom, I might be able to support Glastonbury some time soon; I will have a whole year to heal from this torture facility by the next Glastonbury Festival, after all... assuming I get out soon.

The facilities here still have only coffee with illicit substances in it, toxic air emmanating from many radiators, no promised computer nor internet access for all patients confined here, etc... I still have to sleep in the common areas to have safety at night; the sedative-weilding vast majority of the night staff is still a waste of breathable air.


A special message for the people and government of Iran
(Samuel, do you mind providing official translations?)

Dear friends, I find your almost unbelievable support for me in my current time of super-crisis and for my future not only something that makes me elated but also something that leaves me helplessly proud. Please remember that as you criticize the hypocracy of certain Western countries in their refusal to allow me my full human rights, that you need to ensure the full human rights of your own people including your prisoners. This will not only increase your own credibility on topics of my human rights, but it will make you stronger as a people. I know I am a special case in your hearts, and I also completely understand that many changes cannot happen overnight. Just as the Pope in Rome is bringing the Catholic Church into the Communication Age with gender issues in contemporary society at a speed appropriate for his flocks to keep pace, many changes in your own society will take time to continue modernizing... just as improvements in your technology do. Thank you, sincerely and from my still beating heart, for everything. I do not know where I would be without your support. This was not meant to criticize you; this was meant to show how much I understand you and to ask you for help. Thank you, again.


Fake Emails I Have Received
Who are they trying to fool?

Does this sound like an honest response to my blog?
-----BEGIN MESSAGE DATA-----
Ms P. Gaffney to me
Jun 17

Dear Varilekova -

My husband (Tom) has been telling me about you and I have been looking at your fascinating blog, but of course also sorry to learn of your unfortunate experiences. I know how you feel, believe me. I quite like your eccentricity and am very intrigued by your situation. We are very much alike.

Like you I am American born but have been living here in the Northwest (Liverpool mostly) for over 35 years.

I see you are presently "resident" at Windsor House, I wonder if I could come and visit you (briefly, don't worry - I won't impose) as I will be in that neighbourhood this coming Monday, 21 June, at the Women's Hospital at midday. I could visit sometime in the afternoon if that would be possible and OK with you. If not, I understand so don't feel bad about saying no.

Are you from San Francisco? I was there many years back and loved the city. I lived there for over a year as I was working as a nanny for a family in the Sunset district. It was the "hippie" era and really wonderful...of course I was young then...I recall North Beach. A very cool area of the city, very together. Of course I don't know what it it is like now, but I am sure it's still very lovely (even though there is not beach there!). The BART was in the process of being built at the time, I recall...so obviously it was a good few years back.

If you want to ring me I am at (0151) ###-#### anytime.

All the best in any case,
Patricia Gaffney x
-----END MESSAGE DATA-----

Does this sound like an honest reaction to my life?
-----BEGIN MESSAGE DATA-----
Jo Seki to me
show details Aug 1 (6 days ago)

hi tanya.


i looked you up the other day. i knew you years ago.


your blog surprised me. you seem so different now. but still tanya. :)


i just wanted to say i'm rooting for you. maybe its a quack ward
but at least someone's looking out for you, yeah?


i really hope you get the help you need and you make it home safely.
you're a good person and you deserve to be happy.


-- a friend
-----END MESSAGE DATA-----

This is posted with very little proofreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment