Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Last Push at Dispensing my Opinions

Again, my friend who lends me this computer is probably leaving tomorrow, and again, I am not sure how long before they torture me again in here. With every injection, I feel death crawl over me. This is one of my last chances to leave my opinions here in writing for a while. I hope to make everything fit in this short window of internet time that I can.

Will Korea Reunify?
Korea was ripe with tensions recently. Their navies have been active with sinkings, captures, and drills, but they know full well that NOBODY wants World War Three to break out in their home. No people want their own home to be where the bombs drop. No people want their own home to be where the guns are fired and the soldiers die. No people want their home to see the ravages of war. If a love of humanity is not enough to keep peace in this world, a fear of war should be.

Mosque as Ground Zero
New York City has been torn lately over whether or not a Mosque should be built on Manhattan. I find the conflict to be a shame. There is no reason that a proudly diverse city such as New York should be torn apart over anything such as a demographic difference. I suggest that a building be designed that includes instead of singles out any religion nor any people. Why not build an as-inclusive-as-possible religious center to create pan-religious cultural understanding? Why not INCLUDE not only Christianity, Judaism, and Islam but also every other religion that can fit from Apache to Zoroastrian (roughly alphabetically speaking). There is so much to learn about your own religion that comes from understanding another. Why not teach instead of fight?

Viktor Bout
Julian Assange
It is a basic human right that we are innocent until proven guilty. There is a reason we need as-impartial-as-possible court systems to determine whether or not people are guilty (not whether or not they are innocent) by a jury of peers. Yes, I believe all rape allegations should be heavily investigated, but innocent-until-proven-guilty is something a free society cannot function without.

Russian and Somalian violence
Always make sure blame falls where it is actually due. Always find out why the violence really happened. This is the only way to prevent the terror from happening again. And in times of ongoing unrest, do everything possible to end the violence and human suffering first. Thoroughly talk out how to prevent it from happening again once the suffering has ended.

Even More Flooding in China
Even More Devastation in Pakistan
They used to keep weather reports away from me... as if that wouldn't have made me suspicious.

Finally, please remember that I can only tell the truth as I know it at the time I speak or write it. It is the fault of those that torture me if there are inconsistencies. My memories come and go with what drugs they put in my system and what horrors I endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment