Monday, April 4, 2011

A Natural Force

At Chicheley Hall in the UK in March a group of scientists met to discuss doing the preposterous. They are considering altering the climate by hand. This, of course, begs the question, "Are you on crack?"

As refreshing as it is to see scientists finally taking Global Climate Change seriously and acknowledging that there are problems here that need solving, I feel I must remind all of humanity that it is not possible to stand in the way of a natural force without creating a bigger mess than you started with.

The Earth is in a NATURAL, geologic cycle in which the weather is becoming more dramatic. There will be more water. It is warmer than it used to be. We need to address rising ocean levels, flooding, changes in disease patterns, food production, city planning, and a ton of other worries, but you simply cannot stop the Earth from doing what it is naturally meant to do. Humans cannot alter the normal cycles of nature without creating a bigger mess than we started with. The Earth should not be tampered with. Instead, it is humanity that must adapt.

Mother Nature and I had a chat this afternoon as I stood out on my balcony. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, tells that lady what to do. Stay out of her way.

Use your science to help people live through this. Do not make these problems worse. This planet will still be here after we all die away. The Earth is more powerful than humanity. Nature will win.

On another note, today is the anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. Is his dream still alive? This entire nation is oppressed by the US executive branch, and we, the people, are struggling to be free again. What happened to that dream of freedom?

Are we also fighting racism? The US is militarily engaged in three Muslim nations, and a pastor in Florida just burned a Koran. Do we call that creating equality? Are we making progress, or did MLK labor for so long and die in vain?

There is a lot of understandable concern for my safety and security these days. I heard it today, "Martin Luther King was shot on a balcony. Why do you stand on your balcony?"

Do not ever expect me to live a life ruled by fear for any reason. I do not know how to be controlled by fear; do not expect it of me. Could you see me in a world without the wind in my hair, with window shades nailed shut, and with me not free to speak my mind all for fear of my safety? You might as well kill me.

I dance on rooftops. Learn to keep rooftops safe for me. Do not stand in the way of this natural force.

If you are so worried about me, get me a security team. End the bubble, so it will finally be the FBI's job to hunt down the source of the death threats. Stop the persecution, and I might finally have a chance to be safe.

Sweetness, I was thinking about finally doing something for myself. All of the money I get from the courts is going to go to saving humanity. Ending the persecution and oppression is pretty much my civic duty... if not my civic duty on steroids. If I make art for the masses like putting out an album or being in a movie it will be to say, "Thank you," to everyone who has helped me along the way. Even growing super-human babies with you comes from a need to satisfy humanity, to let our genetic coding romp and play for generations to come.

But do you know what I want for myself? Sigh... Sweetness, I want you. Will you let me be greedy and make demands? Justice and my human rights are all things that should have been mine to begin with, but you... you, my Mr. Love-of-my-Life,... having you is a priceless gift. I will be here. Come get me when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment